4/14/09

Strength and Courage


Here I am only three days away from giving birth to our baby girl. I can't really go anywhere without someone asking, WOW when are you due. How are you feeling? Are you ready? What are you going to name her? Are you getting sleep?

I have had a rush of thoughts and emotions that are flooding my every thought. It's as if my mind cannot stay focused for more then five minutes. (Yes that includes at night too!) I could list the emotoions and feelings I have felt just from this morning and fill half of the page!

The only thing that is getting me through these last few days is knowing that God is by my side through everything. Even though I am about to have major surgery and have a another living being be taken out of my body and placed into this world for me to care and love, I have peace knowing that it is all in God's hands.

I have found a few verses that I have been drawn to these past few weeks. They have given me the peace, strength, and courage I need to face what lies ahead. Thanks to all of you who have kept me in your prayers and thoughts! Thanks to all of you that have encouraged me throughout this pregnancy! God has placed me in a church community that I feel loved and surrounded by many amazing women that at anytime I can turn too, a wonderful family that loves me, and a loving husband that is by my side and has been amazingly understanding and supportive of my thoughts and feelings. He gets the best and the worst side of me and I love him for all that he does to encourage me and keep me my feet firmly planted. I cannot wait to see him hold our little girl and see him model what an amazing husband and father looks like.

Here are the verses that have given me strength and courage these last few weeks! I have written them on note cards and placed them in various places as a constent reminder to put my strength in him.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Maranda,
Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you guys today and tomorrow. Try and rest up and make sure you eat a good meal before your "surgery softs" only tomorrow:) Can't wait to see your Baby Girl!

Stephanie said...

Your thoughts are encouraging to me. Isn't it awesome that God's Word can encourage us and give us strength in hard times. You will do great tomorrow! Keep us updated.

Pepper Blossom said...

thinking of you today maranda! as you are probably being taken into the hospital room as i type this. i am praying for you for strength and for courage. what good prayers. i love you girl!

alecia said...

you and your family are so cute i loveall the pictures of your baby she is so cute and i'm just now starting to blog and i was looking for some idea and you inspired me and encouraged i'm only ten and i like typing so i signed up for this blogging thanks a lot

alecia