7/20/08

Homemade Baby Food




Hey all you Mommas' out there if you haven't tried making your own baby food yet I encourage you to do so, it is actually really fun and easy. Since Easton has turned six months I decided to take on the challenge of making my own baby food for him!

All you need is a food processor, ice cube trays, gallon freezer storage bags and fresh fruit or vegetables of your choice. (You can use frozen veggies too.) It also helps if you have a deep freeze or another freezer for space.

I went to the store and spent about fifteen minutes in the baby food isle. I wrote down step one foods and combinations that I could try once Easton had tried all the foods. I also used a great website: www.wholesomebabyfood.com

The website contains sample menus and tips on making baby food that I found to be quite helpful.

Here are some pictures of the baby food making process. This batch happens to be fruit. I used about eight apples and got 4 ice cube trays full. I also did pears and peaches. I find it easier if I do about three fruits or veggies at a time.

No comments: