7/26/08

Fresh From the Garden





Here are a few shots from my grandmas garden! She has an amazing garden filled with wonderful fresh veggies and mouth watering sweet corn! My grandpa and grandma used to do a lot of the work in the garden, but now that my grandpa has been gone for almost 12 years and my grandma getting up there in age my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dan basically keep it up and going. They put in a lot of hours pulling weeds and making sure everything is kept up. Having a garden is a lot of hard work. I think Lou Erickson said it best when he he said; Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.

I dream someday that I can have a lovley garden over flowing wonderful veggies. My dream will have to be put on hold until we have a yard that has a good spot for one. I think my goal for next year is to grow tomatoes.

No comments: