2/13/09

Happy Valentine's Day!



This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:9-11

Dear Family & Friends,
I can’t believe it’s already February! I ponder each day where the time has gone! Easton is growing and changing with every breath! He went from walking to running in less then a week, loves to read books, loves anything to do with Curious George, will shimmy and shake to any and all types of music, and loves snuggling with mommy and daddy. At his year appointment he weighed in at a whopping 25 pounds! He is also 31 inches long! (I guess it’s safe to say that he is a growing boy and I need to make sure to have the cupboards and fridge stocked at all times.)

Our little baby girl is growing big too! She will arrive via
C-section on April 17th, (unless she’s not patient like her mommy and comes earlier☺) Her busy times are very early in the morning, (4:00 am) I can’t wait to meet our little girl! It’s crazy to think she’s almost here! Caleb and I were talking the other day how fast this pregnancy has gone. Which is very true, but with having two so close, I feel that I have been pregnant for two years! That would put me right up with the gestation period of an elephant. They carry their bundle of joys for 22 months. This is the longest gestational period in the animal kingdom! Thank goodness each pregnancy is only 9 months! Could you imagine?

This past year God has taught Caleb and I the closest meaning of unconditional love possible being parents. Up to this point I found that unconditional love was really hard for me to fully comprehend. It’s amazing the amount of love we have to give! As parents, we continue to love our children through good times and bad, and we don't stop loving them if they don't meet the expectations we may have for them. We make a choice to love our children even when we consider them unlovable; (like at 3:00 in the morning when molars are coming in!) Our love doesn't stop when we don't "feel" love for them. This is similar to God's love for us. God is Love, and His love is very different from human love. God's love is unconditional, and it's not based on feelings or emotions. He doesn't love us because we're lovable or because we make Him feel good; He loves us because He is love. He created us to have a loving relationship with Him, and He sacrificed His own Son (who also willingly died for us) to restore that relationship. What an awesome blessing! I have been challenged with this New Year to be thankful in all that I have, and give as much love possible to those around me! I have two wonderful men in my life and a little girl on the way to shower with love each day! Not to mention a classroom full of fifth graders that may not have anyone showing or giving them love. I have been challenged to be more loving with my words and my actions daily. I find myself asking, “What can I do for ________ (fill in the blank) to show them love today?”

Lastly, today I was listening to Christian radio and they were challenging men and women to tell their spouses each day, “I love you today because….” I found this to be a little thing I can do each day to tell the man in my life how much he means to me. With having Easton in our lives, this is something that has easily been put on the back burner! I’m super excited to see how this will keep the spark going each day in our relationship! I challenge each and every one of you to do this with your main squeeze! Have a wonderful day, week, and month! Keep in touch and you are always welcome at the Van Cleave house!

Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart.
With Love from Our House to Yours,
Caleb, Maranda, & Easton

No comments: